RYA Marine Radio SRC CourseRYA Marine Radio Short Range Certificate (SRC) online course
The course fee includes the official RYA Marine Radio Short Range Certificate (SRC) online course together with the RYA VHF Handbook (eBook).
When you successfully complete this course, you can apply to take the UK RYA/MCA Certificate of Competence in Radiotelephony GMDSS SRC exam at the Boat School. The SRC examination is a face-to-face exam.
Book your RYA Marine Radio Short Range Certificate120€ person for the official RYA online course
This course includes an online assessment and certificate. You will need to complete the course and pass the assessment to be eligible to take the SRC practical and written exam.
The fee for the SRC exam is not included in the price for this course. Although you can take your RYA SRC exam with an examiner at the Boat School, you will need to book the exam and pay for the exam directly with the RYA. You can find current exam fees and instructions at this link.
Candidates of any nationality or residency are eligible to take the UK SRC exam provided they are 16 years old or older on the day of the exam.
This certificate authorises the holder to use a radiotelephone on the VHF international frequencies of the Maritime Mobile band including channel 70 for digital selective callings. The SRC is intended for use in vessels of under 300 gross registered tons which voluntarily fit GMDSS equipment. It is your responsibility to ensure that your MCA/RYA Maritime Radio Operator Certificate of Competence complies with the regulations of either the flag state of your vessel.
Course subjects include:
- routine operation of marine VHF radio including Digital Selective Calling
- correct VHF channels (frequencies) used for each type of communication
- distress, emergency and medical assistance procedures
- ship to shore communication
- practical use of Marine VHF DSC radios
- Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS)
- Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacons (EPIRB)
- Search and Rescue Transponders (SART)
- You will need to study approximately 8 hours to complete this course.
The online Marine Radio SRC course is an online course for your PC, Mac or tablet. Before purchasing this course, we advise you to check the compatibility information below.
For this course you will need:
- Internet connection (broadband or 3G). Charges may apply for 3G
- Microphone and speakers/headphones
- Pop-ups enabled
Compatible devices and operating systems:
- PC running Windows 10 minimum with the latest version of Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome or Firefox
- Mac running 10.13 minimum with the latest version of Safari, Google Chrome or Firefox
- iPad running iOS11 minimum using Safari
- Android tablet running 4.1 minimum using Google Chrome.
The course fee includes face-to-face training and a copy of the RYA First Aid Handbook.
What you’ll learn
Course content includes:
the recovery position in a confined space
CPR, including the drowning protocol
cold shock and hypothermia from immersion and/or exposure
seasickness and dehydration
medical assistance or advice by VHF
RYA Marine Radio SRC online course
The official RYA online course
The Boat School
Recognized by the Royal Yachting Association to conduct Powerboat Training, Sail Cruising courses in the Yachtmaster (sail) scheme and Shorebased (theory) courses.
Recognized by the Spanish Directorate General for Merchant Shipping, the Comunidad Valenciana and the Region of Murcia to conduct sail, motor, powerboat and VHF training.
Operational Base Denia
Marina de Dénia (Sail courses)
Darsena de babor s/n
03700 · Denía
Alicante · Spain
Marina El Portet (Powerboat courses)
Moll de la pansa, s/n
3700 · Dénia
Alicante · Spain
Classrooms & pick up for certificates
Carrer de Fora Mur, 12
03700 · Dénia
Alicante · Spain
C/ Marqués de Lema 7, Local 6
28003 · Madrid · Spain